If you’re looking for pool decking, hardwoods offer excellent benefits that will keep you, your guests, and children safe.
Many times, people who settle for plastic decking have to pay extra attention to the decking that surrounds their pool. It’s not hard to imagine that wet plastic composite decking could act more like a “slip and slide” than a safe-to-grip surface you can depend on. Even pressure treated decking is a inferior option. When you factor in the chemicals used to make the material, plus the fact that splits and cracks are fast to appear on the surface, softer woods like pressure treated pine are not the best for families.
So, what makes exotic wood decking a better option?
Hardwoods like Cumaru (pictured above) and Tigerwood are reliable hardwoods to put around your pool for a number of factors:
- They are dense materials that are sturdy enough to handle being exposed to pool water
- Fast-drying material that is also naturally slip resistant
- Resistance to mold, decay extends the look and life of the hardwood pool deck
- Durable decking materials also resist checks and splits
- When treated with a deck oil like Ipe Oil™ or Messmers, you get added water repellency
NOTE: Be sure to allow your wood decking to acclimate to your local climate prior to installation. Once your material has settled and is at the appropriate moisture content, you can proceed with installation.
If you want to learn more about what exotic hardwoods like Cumaru and Tigerwood have to offer, feel free to give us a call: 1-877-232-3915