Cumaru is a Brazilian hardwood with more benefits than Teak.
- Is more affordable than teak, ipe, and synthetic plastic decking
- Gives you more color variety than teak and ipe with a mix of reddish brown and golden hues
- Is an excellent all-weather hardwood that can last well over 50 years
- Does not need constant, if any, maintenance at all
- Offers great slip resistance and won’t heat up like plastic composite decking
- Is as durable as it is beautiful
As you can see from the picture above, a Cumaru deck also offers you the chance to really give your outdoor pool deck a bold look. With a Janka hardness rating of 3540, Cumaru is comparable to ipe in terms of strength. It’s also a lot more eco-friendly than many of the other teak options out there. Our selection of Cumaru decking has originated from mills in South America that practice sustainable forestry and adhere to local and international trade laws such as the LACEY Act.
If you want to learn more about Cumaru wood decking, you can call us directly (details below). If you’d like to get started building your very own Cumaru deck, you can buy Cumaru direct from the importer and save. We also have FSC Cumaru wood available to qualify for LEED credits such as MRc7.