Now that Christmas is over, it’s time to get rid of your tree. While it would be easy to just throw it out, there are better ways to dispose of a Christmas tree.
- Replant! If your tree’s roots are intact, you can replant it and enjoy it for many years to come. Plant as soon as possible after Christmas so it doesn’t dry up.
- Cut off all the branches and slice the trunk down. You can use these pieces to edge a garden or decorate a small walkway.
- Your Christmas tree can warm throughout the winter. Cut it into smaller pieces for use as firewood.
- If you know your way around wood, use the branches and logs to make small birdhouses, paperweights, candlesticks, and much more.
- If all else fails, contact your local city council and find the nearest tree-recycling center. They will make good use of your old Christmas tree.
All wood can be reused and recycled quickly and easily. Although we’ve been talking about Christmas trees, most of these solutions can also be applied to other wood products like decking.