You have finished the deck project of your customer’s dreams and it is quality workmanship! What more could they ask for? The answer is easy, a beautiful yard to match the spectacular deck that has been built! So, don’t load up your tools and drive away too quickly!
Offering landscaping to your customers is something that your competition is most likely not doing and will be the perfect finish to your project. Leaving your customers in awe and getting more money for the job is exactly what will happen when you include Landscaping into your services.
First, you need to decide if you would like to work closely with a landscaping contractor and offer their services in with their bids, or you would like to learn about landscape design to offer your own packages.
You could also consider hiring someone with an education in landscape-construction the next time you are looking to add on to your crew! Below are some great reasons your clients will say yes to your landscaping services.
- Yard will look manicured and beautiful!
- The right plants can create privacy!
- Plants can create windbreak which makes enjoying the deck even easier!
- Shade for your new deck is a must, especially in the blistering heat of the summer!
- Once the landscaping is done, there is minimal maintenance.
- Plants help rain soak into soil preventing mud and providing a cleaner deck!
- Plants and trees also lower energy costs! Keep your home cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter because of natural insulation!
- Improves the value of your home!
After highlighting these amazing features to your clients and securing your first landscaping job, you need to pick the right plants! If privacy, shade and breaking wind were some of the benefits that caught their eye, make sure to purchase larger plants. Though larger plants are more expensive, it won’t acquire as many to do the job!
Placement is a huge factor when planting. Be aware of what plants thrive in the shade, moisture, sun, etc. Also, make sure to look for plants that require minimal maintenance, do not need a lot of fertilizer and are not heavily browsed by wildlife. This will ensure the plants will last a long time and your customers will rave about their experience with you! Here are some great plants to use that will last year around:
- Dwarf conifers – provides permanent greenery
- Small deciduous trees and shrubs such as dogwood – provides spring blooms, fruit and colorful fall leaves
- Perennial ground plantings – does not require a lot of primping and pruning
Also, remember to make sure the plants used are people-friendly! Watch out for plants with thorns, are bee magnets or have very strong scents! With these tips and tricks, you are sure to have a great way to increase your income yearly!
Follow us on LinkedIn or YouTube for more ways to grow your business!