Brazilian Cherry floors are known for their rich color and incredible hardness, making them a popular choice for flooring for many years. The depth and warmth of their color add a sophisticated touch to many interior designs. Here’s why these floors continue to be in style:
- Durability: Brazilian Cherry is one of the hardest woods available, making it incredibly resilient to wear and tear. This long-lasting quality makes it a timeless choice.
- Versatility: Its reddish-brown color palette offers a unique appearance that can complement various interior design styles, from traditional to contemporary.
- Sustainability: If sourced responsibly, Brazilian Cherry can be an environmentally friendly option, adding to its appeal.
High Gloss Finish: A Shift in Trends
Once considered a mark of luxury and quality, high gloss finishes on hardwood floors have fallen out of style in recent years. Here’s why:
- Practicality: High gloss finishes can show scratches, dust, and imperfections more easily than low gloss or satin finishes. The constant maintenance required to keep high gloss floors looking pristine may have contributed to their decline in popularity.
- Aesthetic Trends: Interior design has seen a shift toward more natural and understated looks. A high gloss finish can sometimes appear artificial or overly polished, which is at odds with the current trend favoring natural beauty and simplicity.
- Compatibility with Modern Decor: Satin and low gloss finishes often align better with modern design philosophies that emphasize organic materials, texture, and muted elegance.
Brazilian Cherry floors themselves are far from out of style, as their rich appearance and durable nature continue to appeal to homeowners. The high gloss finish that was once widely used on hardwood floors, including Brazilian Cherry, has seen a decline in popularity.
Modern aesthetics and practical considerations have led to a preference for more natural-looking finishes that are easier to maintain. This shift reflects broader changes in interior design, moving away from ostentation and towards authenticity and ease of living.