Brazilian cherry hardwood flooring, also known as Jatoba, is a popular choice for homeowners who want a durable and beautiful hardwood floor. It comes from the Jatoba tree, which is native to Brazil and other parts of Central and South America. The wood is known for its rich, warm color, which can range from reddish-brown to salmon pink.
One of the key benefits of Brazilian cherry hardwood flooring is its durability. It is one of the hardest woods available, with a Janka hardness rating of 2,820. This means it can withstand heavy foot traffic, pet claws, and other wear and tear without showing signs of damage. It is also resistant to scratches, dents, and stains.
In addition to its durability, Brazilian cherry hardwood flooring is also prized for its beauty. Its rich, warm color and distinctive grain pattern make it a popular choice for a variety of decorating styles, from traditional to contemporary. It can also be finished in a variety of ways, from a matte or satin finish to a high-gloss shine.
One thing to keep in mind when considering Brazilian cherry hardwood flooring is its tendency to darken over time. When first installed, it may be lighter in color than what you see in pictures or in person. However, with exposure to light and air, the wood will gradually darken to a richer, deeper hue.
Overall, Brazilian cherry hardwood flooring is a durable and beautiful option for homeowners who want a hardwood floor that will stand up to daily wear and tear and look great for years to come.
What Color Furniture Goes With Brazilian Cherry Floors?
When it comes to matching furniture with hardwood floors, there are a few factors to consider such as the color and tone of the wood, the style of the furniture, and the overall color scheme of the room.
Here are some general guidelines to keep in mind:
- Neutral colors such as beige, cream, white, and gray, can complement most hardwood floor colors and make the space look bright and airy.
- Darker wood floors can be paired with lighter furniture to create a contrast and balance out the room.
- Lighter wood floors can be paired with darker furniture for a similar effect.
- If you want to create a cohesive look, consider matching the wood tone of your furniture to the wood tone of your floors.
- If you have a more traditional or formal space, you can opt for furniture with darker tones, while lighter furniture may work better in a more modern or casual setting.
Ultimately, the most important thing is to choose furniture that you love and that makes you feel comfortable in your space.
What Wall Color Goes With Brazilian Cherry Floors?
Brazilian cherry floors have a warm, reddish-brown tone, so it’s essential to choose a wall color that complements the wood and enhances its natural beauty.
Here are some wall color options that work well with Brazilian cherry floors:
- Soft beige or cream: Neutral shades provide a classic, timeless look and create a warm, inviting atmosphere that complements the warmth of the wood.
- Light gray: Gray can provide a subtle contrast against the reddish-brown of the wood and create a modern and sophisticated look.
- Rich jewel tones: Darker shades such as navy, forest green, or burgundy can create a dramatic contrast against the warm wood tone and add depth and richness to the space.
- Warm earthy tones: Colors like terracotta, burnt orange, or mustard yellow can complement the reddish-brown tones of the wood and create a cozy, inviting space.
It’s always a good idea to test out a few different wall colors in your space to see how they look with your Brazilian cherry floors in different lighting conditions before making a final decision.
What Color Cabinets Pair With Brazilian Cherry Floors?
When choosing cabinet colors to go with Brazilian cherry floors, it’s important to consider the overall style and color scheme of the room. Here are some cabinet color options that work well with Brazilian cherry floors:
- White cabinets: White cabinets create a bright and fresh look that contrasts beautifully with the rich, warm tones of Brazilian cherry floors.
- Espresso or dark brown cabinets: Dark brown cabinets can provide a dramatic contrast against the reddish-brown tones of the wood floors, creating a bold and sophisticated look.
- Light wood cabinets: Light wood cabinets such as maple, oak, or birch can create a subtle contrast with the Brazilian cherry floors and add depth to the space.
- Gray cabinets: Gray is a versatile color that can create a modern and elegant look while complementing the warm tones of the Brazilian cherry floors.
Ultimately, the best cabinet color for your space depends on your personal style and the overall look you want to achieve. It’s a good idea to test out a few different cabinet colors and finishes in your space to see how they look with your Brazilian cherry floors before making a final decision.
How To Update Brazilian Cherry Floors
If you want to update the look of your Brazilian cherry floors, here are a few suggestions:
- Refinish the floors: If your Brazilian cherry floors are looking worn or dated, refinishing them can make a big difference. A professional refinishing job can remove scratches, stains, and other imperfections, and give your floors a fresh, new look.
- Add an area rug: Adding an area rug can help update the look of your Brazilian cherry floors and provide a soft, comfortable surface to walk on. Choose a rug with colors and patterns that complement the wood tone and style of your space.
- Update the wall color: Changing the wall color can create a dramatic impact on the look of your Brazilian cherry floors. Consider painting the walls a lighter or darker shade that complements the wood tone and adds depth to the space.
- Update the furniture: Updating the furniture in your space can give your Brazilian cherry floors a fresh, modern look. Consider swapping out dated furniture for pieces with clean lines and a more contemporary style.
- Change the lighting: Updating the lighting in your space can change the mood and atmosphere of the room, and create a more updated look. Consider adding new light fixtures or switching to LED bulbs to create a brighter, more energy-efficient space.
Overall, updating Brazilian cherry floors can be a fun and rewarding project that can make a big difference in the look and feel of your space.
How to clean Brazilian cherry floors?
To keep your Brazilian cherry floors clean and looking their best, here are some tips:
- Sweep or vacuum the floors regularly to remove dirt, dust, and debris that can scratch the surface.
- Use a microfiber mop or cloth to clean the floors with a hardwood floor cleaner that is specifically designed for Brazilian cherry floors.
- Avoid using water, vinegar, or other acidic cleaners that can damage the finish of the wood.
- Wipe up spills immediately to prevent them from penetrating the wood and causing damage.
- Use furniture pads under chairs and other heavy furniture to prevent scratches and dents.
- Avoid wearing shoes with high heels or cleats on the floors, as they can damage the surface.
- Place doormats at entryways to trap dirt and debris before it reaches the floors.
- Control humidity levels in your home to prevent the wood from expanding or contracting, which can cause gaps or warping.
- Refinish the floors periodically to restore the finish and protect the wood from wear and tear.
By following these tips, you can keep your Brazilian cherry floors looking beautiful for years to come.