TimberTech is a well-known brand that offers a variety of decking materials, including Advanced PVC and Composite Decking. Both materials have their unique features, benefits, and drawbacks. Here’s a comparison to help you understand the differences:
- Material composition:
- TimberTech Advanced PVC: This decking material is made from 100% polyvinyl chloride (PVC) and does not contain any wood particles. It is a synthetic decking material that is designed to provide durability and minimal maintenance.
- TimberTech Composite Decking: Composite decking is a mixture of wood fibers and recycled plastic. This combination creates a material that has the appearance of natural wood but with the added benefits of a synthetic material.
- TimberTech Advanced PVC: Delivers the most realistic wood looks with unparalleled performance compared to anything else on the market. Multi-width Decking available for certain collections.
- TimberTech Composite Decking: Innovates beyond traditional composite decking with realistic wood looks and a proprietary, protective polymer cap that locks out moisture and locks in rich color, so you’ll enjoy a worry-free deck for decades to come.
- TimberTech Advanced PVC: PVC decking is highly resistant to stains, scratches, and fading. It is also impervious to moisture, mold, mildew, and insect damage, making it an exceptionally durable choice for decking. The decking is the superior choice for high moisture area such as boat docks.
- TimberTech Composite Decking: Features a proprietary, protective polymer cap that locks out moisture and locks in rich color, so you’ll enjoy a worry-free deck for decades to come.
- TimberTech Advanced PVC: PVC decking requires minimal maintenance, only needing occasional cleaning with soap and water. It does not require painting, staining, or sealing.
- TimberTech Composite Decking: Composite decking requires less maintenance than softwood decking.
- Environmental impact:
- TimberTech Advanced PVC: The capped polymer boards are made with approximately 50% recycled materials.
- TimberTech Composite Decking: Up to 100% of the wood and plastic in the cores of the capped composite deck boards is made from recycled materials, making the entire board comprised of up to 80% recycled content.
- TimberTech Advanced PVC: PVC decking tends to be more expensive than composite decking due to its superior composition that provides added durability and minimal maintenance requirements.
- TimberTech Composite Decking: Composite decking is generally less expensive than PVC decking.
Ultimately, the choice between TimberTech Advanced PVC by Azek and TimberTech Composite Decking by Azek will depend on your preferences for aesthetics, durability, maintenance, environmental impact, and budget.